August 25, 2017
A couple of weeks ago I blogged about the return of the timeline puzzle in the upcoming Sleuthhounds: The Yuletide Tail computer game. It was noticed that this particular timeline puzzle deals with events happening across several years as opposed to several hours as has been the case in previous games. This led to the question: is there an official Sleuthhounds historical timeline?
The answer is: kinda, sorta.
In my head I know when each released game takes place with respect to the others as well as to a couple of potential Sleuthhounds games that I hope to produce at some point. Prior to working on The Yuletide Tail I hadn’t made a definitive timeline of events. Let’s rectify that right here, shall we? The following dates are as per the few mentioned dates within the games themselves as well as further decisions I’ve made on when events happen.
1861 to 1867
- The backstory of The Yuletide Tail occurs (for spoiler reasons, I won’t go into the details of that backstory here).
- Character Bram Tender becomes a novelty goods salesman as described in The Halloween Deception.
- Character Bram Tender becomes his own boss and starts Tender’s Novelty Co. as described in The Halloween Deception.
- The manufacturing year character Phineas Hogg attributes to the vintage Wizard Cube he’s given by Jane Ampson in The Cursed Cannon. A novelty made by Tender’s Novelty Co.? Perhaps.
- Amelia Deerhart and the Elemental Temple: Aviatrix and adventuress Amelia Deerhart goes in search of the famed idol of Auctor.
- The Unlocked Room: Pureluck Homes is kidnapped and must both escape and retrieve his ticket for the maiden voyage of an upcoming cruise liner.
- The Cursed Cannon: Jane Ampson goes to report on Amelia Deerhart’s imminent launch to the moon (via a giant cannon, naturally) and must work to stop a shadowy saboteur. The game refers to events that happened in Jane and Amelia’s mutual pasts, but the details and dates of those events haven’t been pinned down…yet.
- Untitled upcoming game: Pureluck Homes and Jane Ampson meet for the first time when they must solve a mystery on the high seas while sailing on the maiden voyage of a cruise liner.
- Untitled upcoming game: Pureluck Homes and Jane Ampson formalize their private investigating partnership.
- The Valentine’s Vendetta: Jane Ampson and Pureluck Homes must solve a case of near-murder at Jane’s ladies club, The Crimson Debutantes.
- The Halloween Deception: Jane Ampson and Pureluck Homes must stop a disgruntled employee from “or else-ing” everyone at the annual Halloween party held at Tender’s Novelty Co.
- The Yuletide Tail: Jane Ampson and Pureluck Homes must find something that famed author Charles Duckens has lost, which not even he can remember what it is.
As things stand right now, here’s the play order of all the games to experience their events chronologically:
- Amelia Deerhart and the Elemental Temple
- The Unlocked Room
- The Cursed Cannon
- The Valentine’s Vendetta
- The Halloween Deception
- The Yuletide Tail (not yet released, but soon!)
And what better time to partake in these games than during The Sleuthhounds Series Summer Sale on now?